Red velvet cake is not just a simple cake. It is much more than that. Generally known as the king of all the cakes, it is an assemblage of buttermilk and vanilla with a slight cocoa powder. It is pretty simple and easy to make a powder perfect fluffy and moist cheese frosted cake.
Just with a certain amount of ingredients, specific amounts, and unique mixing techniques, you will be able to make a fluffy, moist cheese frosted red velvet cake. Only some instructions or tips to keep in mind, and you are done with your tasty mouthwatering cake.
Have you ever thought that why a cake made of coca and vanilla is red? Or is there a secret ingredient that is put to get a red color? Well, the secret ingredient is nothing else but a red food color. Here for your assistance, we will break down the method with which you can make a soft, moist, and delightful cake.
- Three and a half cups of plain cake flour
- Half cup of butter (unsalted and at room temperature)
- 2 cups granulated sugar.
- Two tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Two tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 1 cup buttermilk.
- Food coloring as required
- ½ tablespoon salt.
- ½ tablespoon baking soda.
- 1 cup of oil.
- 3 or 4 eggs.
- One tablespoon distilled white vinegar.
For Cream Cheese Frosting
- 450g cream cheese (at room temperature).
- ¾ cup butter.
- One spoon vanilla extract.
- Salt to taste.
- Sugar to taste.
- Take a bowl and mix cocoa powder, cake flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now take another bowl and use a beater to beat the butter and sugar together. Then add egg yolks and beat for a while. After that, add vanilla extract, oil, and vinegar, and then beat it again. The addition of vinegar will bright-up the red color of a cake. But don’t be scared, you will not feel any taste of vinegar in your cake.
- Next, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of red food color to bring out a perfect red color in your batter. You can choose a liquid or gel food color depending upon your choice.
- Beat the egg whites separately as this will incorporate air in them, which will eventually make them fluffy and silky.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Add half of the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and combine them. Repeat the method with remaining dry ingredients and buttermilk.
- Divide the prepared batter among two pans of 8 to 9 inches.
- Preheat, the oven to 350°F or 176 °C, then grease the 8-inch pancake. Put butter paper into the pan so that you will take out your cake from the pan seamlessly.
- Bake the cake for 30-35 minutes. Take a toothpick and dip it in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then your cake is ready. Please make sure not to over bake the cake as it will come out dry.
- Cool the cake before frosting in the refrigerator.
- Frosting: Take a bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until they are appropriately combined.
- Then add sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on a low speed for a little while, then increase the speed after some time.
- Make sure the consistency of frost is not too thick.
- Frost: Use a thin flat knife and spread the frost on the top of the 1st layer of cake. Then, put the second layer of cake on the first and spread the remaining frost all over it until it comes out nicely.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30-35 minutes. It will help the cake hold its shape and give some time for the creamy frosting to set.
- If you want a Red Velvet Cake with an excellent taste and texture, I recommend using cake flour.
- Buttermilk is the key ingredient for perfect flavor in this recipe.
- To get the perfect blending for uniform texture, make sure that everything is at room temperature.
- Total calories: 603 calories (per serving).
- Total fat: 27 grams.
- Protein: 6 g.
- Carbohydrates: 69 g.
- Saturated fat: 14 g.
- Cholesterol: 108 g.
- Fiber: 1 g.